First off, let me apologize for my possibly poorly translated title that is supposed to say something along the lines of five goals for Cinco de Mayo weekend… Yeah, I didn’t pay attention in any of my high school Spanish classes. I made a post on yesterday about how I was so happy Mercury was no longer in retrograde, but OH-EM-FUCKING-GEE my energy is soooooo good right now that even if I wasn’t spiritual it would make me believe in the metaphysical. So I made a list, and by golly I’m sticking to it. Five Goals for Cinco de Mayo Weekend.
- Numero Uno. I need to clean out my space. My room is chaos on fucking wheels right now, perfectly convoluted realism that embodied exactly how I felt. Well no more. It’s time to throw out stuff, swap the winter gear for summer fits and work on my alter. I’m such a packrat, thinking that I will need stuff eventually in the future and NEVER do. I did a spring cleaning some months back, but I held on to more than I actually got rid of. Le Sigh.
- Numero Dos. Meal Prep. I weighed in at 260 the other day, and lets just say I was devastated. But with the depressed funk I’ve been in for the past few months, that’s not really a surprise. In 2015, I went vegan and I was working out regularly and I had gotten down to 225 (the smallest I had been since my college days) and I felt awesome. Needless to say, I feel off of that wagon and never quite caught up to it as it rode off into the sunset. But a new wagon is pulling in. A new and improved wagon. I know I say it all the time, but this time, this is my wagon. I’m owning that mother fucker.
- Numero Tres. Reading is Fundamental. I got me a new set of notebooks and some colorful pens to encourage me to take notes. I have decided that the first book I am going to read will be Women Who Run With the Wolves by Book by Clarissa Pinkola Estés. I’m excited to dig into it.
- Numero Quatro. A Tarot Card a Day. I did this in January with my app, but now that I have the lovely Wild Unknown Deck, I will be pulling a card form here a day, referencing the nice guide book that came with the deck and other resources to better understand the Tarot. I think that on Fridays, I am going to post an update on the seven featured cards and what I learned of each. How is that for accountability?
- Numero Cinco. Stay Active. I struggle to make it through the parking lot and then up the two flights of stairs it takes me to get to my desk at my nine to five. At random times, I hear strange windy noises and then I realize it’s me breathing… heavily. Something has got to give. I was regularly active once upon a time, even able to stay relatively alive on the elliptical for 30 minutes to an hour. I may not be summer body ready right now, but NEXT summer… I’m killing the scene.